At Botánika we believe that living life to its fullest involves a wholistic approach that nurtures the body, the mind, and the spirit. Nurturing the mind and spirit are the most interesting and probably the most fun to do; and the Osa Peninsula certainly offers enough science, nature and magic to ensure that our souls remain in harmony for a lifetime. But when traveling, and especially when on vacation, taking care of the body becomes a challenge. And it doesn’t help that most hotel “gyms” offer little more than a few poorly placed treadmills within a small space.
We have made many enhancements to the facilities, services, and amenities at Botánika, but one in particular stands out, and gives us a tremendous sense of pride; and this is our new, state of the art, fitness center.
At Botánika, we are on a mission to change the unfortunate tradition in hospitality to provide poorly equipped and cramped spaces to workout. Instead, we will offer our owners and guests the most advanced resort fitness center in the country. Our brand new 4,424 sq. ft. facility will be worthy of being called a gym.
It will be open 24 hours a day, and along with its towering 12ft high ceilings throughout the complex, we have spared no expense to bring you the highest quality and best selection possible in fitness equipment. You can expect to benefit from a full range of Life Fitness and Hammer Strength cardio and free weight equipment.
The highlights in free weights include:
- A Hammer Strength full squat rack to safely perform squats and presses with free weights.
- A Hammer Strength half rack and multi bench with “dock n lock” for easy bench press use.
- 900 lbs of free weights with easy grip handles and various styles of Olympic bars.
- A full selection of hexagonal dumbbells from 5 lbs to 100lbs and several multi adjustable benches that include both incline and decline.
- A full set of fixed barbells from 10 lbs to 120 lbs to pick up and go with any weight desired.
Machines, cardio and equipment will include:
- Treadmills with personal viewing screens
- Recumbent bike
- Total Body Arc trainer
- Dual weight stack adjustable pully system
- Leg press
- Leg curl and leg extension
- Multi- press bench and shoulders
- Adjustable Decline/ abdominal Crunch
- Signature back extension
- Chin/Dip/Leg raise captain’s chair
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) gear and equipment will feature:
- Life Fitness Sparc Trainer
- IC7 Spinner bike
- Life Fitness Rower
- Kettlebell sets from 15lbs to 70 lbs
- Slam bags from 5lbs to 45 lbs
- Slam balls from 10lbs to 30 lbs
- Jump ropes
- Medicine balls
- Wall ball target
- 50lb heavy bag
- TRX suspension training
- Battle rope
- Stability balls
- Foam rollers
When you visit Botánika, owners and guests alike will find it easy to make a healthy lifestyle fun and exciting. Breaking a sweat, perhaps losing a few unwanted pounds, and making new friends are just a few of the biproducts of visiting our new state of the art fitness facilities at Botánika.